How we operate
The objective of Orr Simpson is to grow relationships with our clients, not necessarily to grow in size as a company. As a result you have a greater importance and thereby more dedicated levels of service than the larger client-bases of most of our competitors:
- Our customers do not compete for our attention; they are the centre of it
- Flexible methodology allows us to respond quickly, gearing up or down as your needs change without creating delay or cost to you
- Bespoke service, providing you with the widest range of headhunting, recruiting and extended human resources support
- Comprehensive information gathering to understand the needs, dynamics and implications of your key management positions
- Consultative style regularly adds new dimensions to the role specification; we often challenge the brief, making the final appointment more robust as a result
- Candid feedback before taking an assignment and during the project
There are no smoke and mirrors in the way we operate. We offer openness, honesty and trust and we expect it in return. We will not shirk from having robust discussions and telling you what we feel you need to hear rather than what you might want to hear.
When taking a brief to find the most suitable candidates we do not rely simply on a job description from our client but work together in face to face meetings where we assess the role requirements, interpersonal relationships and the broader needs and implications.
Our premise is that cultural and behavioural fit is as important as are the professional and academic qualifications, achievements and experience. The crucial need is to identify not just the technical needs but also the behavioural requirements of an individual that will make them outstanding in the role. This means we will not assume or anticipate but seek to properly understand the culture and needs of our client and prospective candidates. We will work hard at understanding your expectations and anticipate exceeding them.
We will produce a blueprint profile of the ideal candidate which clearly identifies and defines your requirements and will then use it as the yardstick by which we measure potential candidates.
The Founding Partners